Making a Difference
Supporting the fight against racism and inequality
As an enterprise we are committed to doing our part to address racism and social injustices. These commitments are a reflection of our strong belief that we need to make real and lasting change to impact black lives. We have been actively listening to our associates and customers (and will continue to so), and we want to share some initial steps toward those commitments.
We pledged to donate at least $1 million to fund the fight against racism and inequality because we believe Black Lives Matter. Today we are announcing our expanded commitment to key community partners the Urban League and YWCA by donating $1 million to their national and Columbus-based affiliates.
- The Urban League is dedicated to economic empowerment, equality and social justice, and collaborates with community leaders, policymakers and corporate partners to elevate the standards of African American and other historically underserved groups.
- The YWCA is focused on eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all through programming and advocacy.
As long-time community partners, the L Brands Foundation and the company have supported these organizations for more than two decades with grants of nearly $7 million, board and committee service, volunteerism, event sponsorships and product donations. We’re proud to strengthen our partnership with these organizations to best leverage our donation in support of the fight against racism. We also need to identify ways we can collaborate, advance our thinking, and support programming internally and in our communities to make an impact on the inequality facing Black people and all underrepresented groups.
Giving During Times of Crisis — COVID-19
L Brands has a long history of supporting our communities particularly during times of crisis. Right now, we are providing much needed funding and product to those in need. To date we have contributed more than $12 million in product to help our first responders and community partners and have made monetary donations to the American Red Cross and Feeding America® to aid in the pandemic relief. Donations include:
- One million hand soaps provided to first responders, community action agencies and nonprofit partners.
- Hand sanitizers and other supplies provided to first responders, healthcare institutions and the nonprofit community.
- Donation of 50,000 masks to nonprofits throughout the country.
- Donated nearly 110,000 pieces of Victoria’s Secret product to Dress for Success.
- Store associates launched a fundraising campaign for Feeding America. Raising nearly $53,000 which has provided nearly 530,000 meals. If you would like to support their efforts, visit Feeding America - Stronger Together. Inspired by our grassroots campaign, Victoria’s Secret and PINK amplified the associate gifts by donating $215,000 and will be collecting in-store customer donations totaling more than 2,680,000 meals to date.
- Meals and fresh produce from our café provided to food pantries and senior centers.
- Donated 3,000 care packages to appreciate and thank health care workers during the pandemic.
- Donation of $300,000 to the American Red Cross to support people affected by everyday emergencies during the pandemic.
We All Have The Ability To Give
In order to mirror the values of our associates and our customers, L Brands supports community programs that focus on the health and empowerment of women, nurturing and mentoring children and improving education.
Also embedded in our focus is a commitment to inclusion. As one of our company's core values, we understand, appreciate and leverage diversity to provide value for our customers, associates and shareholders. Our philanthropic efforts represent a rich mixture of backgrounds, insights and perspectives.
Going hand-in-hand with our efforts to help improve education is our commitment to enriching the cultural arts. We believe that vibrant cultural arts are synonymous with dynamic and diverse communities - exposing us to new works and different perspectives that not only entertain, but educate and challenge us to think about how we live.
At L Brands, we believe it matters how we play the game - and that includes making our world outside of work a better place. It's why for more than 50 years we've remained dedicated to improving the communities where we do business and focused on making a positive difference in the lives of our associates, our customers and the global community at large.