Our success isn't measured in profits alone.
Through L Brands/Mast Cares, established in response to the 2004 Southeast Asian tsunami, our associates around the world have donated thousands of volunteer hours and approximately $3.8 million to international charitable initiatives.
The mission is simply to do good in the international communities where our associates live and work by effectively funding and volunteering for projects that make a difference in the lives of women and children. In doing so, we strive to strengthen and deepen the community partnerships that are so important to our business and our associates. The primary areas of emphasis include organizations that focus on providing practical and compassionate support for the health, welfare and education of women and children. Embedded in this focus is a commitment to inclusion.
Some of our Mast Cares charitable efforts include:
- Purchasing and delivering shelters, mattresses and hygiene kits to families impacted by an earthquake in Indonesia;
- Renovating a training facility and providing vocational training to students in Indonesia;
- Building of an emergency shelter for at-risk children in Israel;
- Providing free medical, dental and optometric care to children and the elderly in Vietnam;
- Building a library of "talking books" for the blind in Vietnam;
- Creating programs to provide clean water to communities in Burkina Faso, Indonesia and Sri Lanka;
- Building homes for orphaned children in Sri Lanka and providing ongoing support for the care of the girls and boys who live in them;
- Supporting a child development program in India; and
- Assisting with home improvements for elderly women in Hong Kong.
Read more about L Brands/Mast Cares partnership with ADAPT.