You and the Workplace
We provide a harassment-free workplace with equal employment opportunities.
Equal Opportunity and No Discrimination or Harassment
We treat everyone with respect and dignity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not base employment-related decisions on an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally protected status under applicable laws.
We are committed to providing accessible facilities and services to our job applicants, associates and customers with disabilities. We will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and associates with disabilities, as needed or required by applicable law. If you believe you need an accommodation to perform your job, even for a short period of time, inform your manager or Human Resources partner.
We are committed to honesty in the workplace. Do not engage in dishonest business practices such as theft, fraud, merchandise discount abuse or intentionally making false or misleading statements. Dishonest conduct can also be lying on company records and documents (including time, payroll or conversion records), intentionally excluding information, or misusing company property and assets, such as our computer systems, for your own or someone else’s benefit.
While we consider the merchandise discount to be a benefit, it is also considered a discretionary privilege, and there are guidelines to use it. You may use the merchandise discount to purchase items for your own personal use, bona fide (real) gifts for others without being compensated with money, services or other items, or to make a personal donation to a charitable organization. Your spouse and your dependents (children through age 22 while still in school and dependent on you) are also eligible to use the discount. You receive your discount at all company-owned stores world-wide and Victoria’s Secret online. The discount is not valid in third-party operated stores or kiosks. The discount is taken from the full ticket price of each item. It is not valid on promotional or permanently marked down (red-lined) merchandise. Like any customer, you may return or exchange merchandise purchased with your discount in accordance with the brands’ return policies.
There are additional things you should know about proper use of the merchandise discount:
- You can purchase gift cards with your discount; however, you cannot make a purchase online using a discounted gift card or receive your merchandise discount in store when redeeming a discounted gift card.
- Unless otherwise stated, you are not eligible for Friends and Family discounts.
- Generally, you cannot combine your discount with special offers or coupons either in store or online. Check the terms and conditions for each offer to confirm eligibility.
- Merchandise purchased with your discount or at a special associate-only sale, or given to you by the company (gratis), cannot be re-sold anywhere else, including flea markets, auction websites or rummage sales.
- You and your dependents must identify yourselves as eligible to receive the merchandise discount. You may be asked to provide valid photo ID or other documentation such as a discount card or employee ID number.
- It is both your responsibility and the store’s responsibility to follow the discount policy. Do not put yourself or another associate in a questionable or uncomfortable position of “bending the rules.” Associates cannot ring transactions for themselves, friends or family.
We follow all applicable wage and hour laws and regulations. All hourly associates (and some salaried associates depending on role and location) must accurately record all the time they work. When recording your time, you should never:
- work without getting paid (work off the clock);
- record time for another associate or ask another associate to record time for you;
- intentionally report inaccurate time worked; or
- edit your own time record.
In addition, associates must follow applicable laws and company policies regarding travel time pay and rest and meal periods.
Workplace Health and Safety
We provide safe, clean and accessible facilities for our customers and associates. We comply with all applicable workplace safety laws and we have global safety policies and procedures to protect us from avoidable injury in the workplace. Whether you work in a store, a distribution center or an office, it’s important to:
- know the safety and emergency procedures (refer to your brand/function standard operating procedures or talk to your manager);
- watch for potential hazards and report them immediately to your manager;
- immediately report any accident or injury, no matter how minor, to your manager and the Emergency Operations Center (See Contacts section); and
- report incidents of obscene or threatening phone calls or electronic posts related to work to the Emergency Operations Center.
No Weapons or Firearms
Weapons or firearms are not permitted on company property or in our stores. Only authorized associates and those in law enforcement can carry weapons and firearms on company property and in stores except where permited by law.
Drug- and Alcohol-free Workplace
We are committed to providing a drug- and alcohol-free workplace. Associates must work entirely free of the effects of alcohol and illegal drugs, as well as the adverse effects of any other legal substance. You may not possess or use illegal drugs or alcohol on company premises and you may not report to work after consuming alcohol or illegal drugs. For example, you may not go to lunch, drink alcohol and then return to work.
No Workplace Violence
We take violence and threats of violence very seriously. Any associate who threatens or causes harm to anyone may be terminated regardless of whether the threat was made on or off the clock, as a “joke” or in the “heat of the moment.”
Conduct Off the Job
The company is generally not concerned with an associate’s conduct off the job unless it gets in the way of job performance or is unprofessional. While the company respects your privacy, illegal activities or conduct violating the Code may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination even if the conduct occurs off the property or off the clock.
Travel and Expense Reimbursement
If you travel on company business or purchase items on behalf of the company, you are entitled to reimbursement of qualified expenses including meals and transportation expenses such as mileage over and above your normal commute.
You are expected to ensure that expenses submitted for reimbursement are legal, reasonable and customary, business-related and appropriate. All expenses must be recorded accurately and completely, with the appropriate supporting documents (such as detailed receipts), to ensure that the company maintains accurate books and records. Refer to the company’s travel and expense reimbursement policies for complete details.
Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
Follow applicable wage and hour rules.
Know health and safety procedures for your workplace.
Submit accurate travel and expense reimbursement requests.
Report suspected violations of the Code immediately.